Saturday, November 5, 2011

We are in the last of our fall days here in Algoma WI.  The trees have lost there leaves and the fall yard work is coming to an end.  I have raked leave and carried them to the road to be picked up by the city department only to start over the next day. I don't mind though, since doing outdoor activities is a relaxing way to clear your mind and get the daily exercise I need.

My pond will be winterized today and the fish Will lay dormant at the bottom for a good 6 months. I sure will miss the beauty of my pond and the calming effect the waterfall gave me all summer long. The monarch butterflies and the flowers have long since gone, and the end of autumn becomes a cold reminder of whats to come.

The grill has been covered, we do not grill out in the winter.  Alot of people grill out year round, I am not one of them.  My dogs will miss the nice weather also.  They loved spending hours a day basking in the sun or laying under a shade tree.  They enjoy running in freshly fallen snow, but do not like the cold.
Soon the snow will come and although I do not like it, I do like to cross country ski. Maybe its time to get the skis out and wax them up and get ready for a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment